Are you stuck on father daughter dance songs for your wedding reception? No worries, we have gathered a list of popular songs to help you narrow it down!
Popular Traditional And Non Traditional Father Daughter Dance Songs For Your Wedding Reception
Father daughter dance songs have always been a special part of any wedding reception. A father and daughter bond is a very special thing. So of course, you need to find the song that perfectly describes your relationship with your daddy. But do you want a sappy song, a humorous one or a more traditional tune for your magical father daughter dance.
First of all you need to consider the relationship between you and your father? Are you a Daddy’s’ Girl? Is your father the one you turn to if you have a problem, need advice or a shoulder to cry on? Or is he more like a buddy, someone you can joke around and goof off with? How do you want to express how you feel about your after? With a touching ballad by Frank Sinatra or a more upbeat and fun song such as “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper? There are so many songs out there so you need to find the one that means the most to you and your father.
If your father isn’t currently a part of your life, you can dance with a father figure such as a grandfather, uncle, cousin, brother or even your male best friend. The important thing is that the song has special meaning between the bride and the person with whom she is dancing.
We have compiled a list of some of the best father daughter dance songs to help you out. First of all, decide on what genre of song you want and then listen to a few songs. Then you can more easily narrow it down! These songs have been used for many father daughter dances regardless of your choice of partner for the occasion. We hope you find these songs meaningful and inspiring!
Father Daughter Dance Songs For You To Consider For Your Wedding
Here are some of the most popular choices for father daughter wedding dance from over the years, well as some fun and unique choices as well. Have fun listening to these songs and choosing the ones that most speak to you on a personal level!
Cute Father Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
If you are looking for a more non-traditional father daughter songs for your wedding, there are plenty of cute and sweet wedding songs. Here are some popular choices:
- My Darling: Wilco
- Father and Daughter: Paul Simon
- Isn’t She Lovely: Stevie Wonder
- I Loved Her First: Heartland
- Daddy’s Little Girl: Michael Buble
- My Little Girl: Tim McGraw
- Just The Way You Are: Billy Joel
- God Only Knows: Beach Boys
- Fire and Rain: James Taylor
- A New Day Has Come: Celine Dion
- Walk With You: Edwin McCain
- The Rainbow Connection: The Muppets
- Gracie: Ben Folds
- There You’ll Be: Faith Hill
- I Turn To You: Christina Aguilera
Funny Father Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
Not feeling sappy and sentimental? Then why not choose a fun and humorous song for your father daughter dance? Here are some funny songs for those who don’t want mushy songs:
- Dance Like Your Daddy: Meghan Trainor
- Daddy: Beyonce
- When I’m Sixty Four: The Beatles
- Thank You: Led Zeppelin
- Three Little Birds: Bob Marley
- You’re My Best Friend: Queen
- American Girl: Tom Petty
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: Cyndi Lauper
- Wild World: Cat Stevens
- Here Comes The Sun: The Beatles
Traditional Songs For Father Daughter Dances
Of course, there is nothing wrong sticking with tradition. The classics are beautiful and very inspiring. Here are some of the top wedding dance songs that have been used for the father daughter dance.
- Through the Years: Kenny Rogers
- Butterfly Kisses: Bob Carlisle
- In My Daughter’s Eyes: Martina McBride
- You’ve Got A Friend: James Taylor
- Hero: Mariah Carey
- Daddy’s Angel: Anthony Carter
- Dance With My Father: Luther Vandross
- Daddy’s Little Girl: Al Martino
- Memories: Elvis Presley
- I’m Your Angel: Celine Dion & R Kelly
- You Decorated My Life: Kenny Rogers
- Surfer Girl: Beach Boys
- Shining Star: Manhattans
- To Make You Feel My Love: Bob Dylan
- Sunshine Of My Life: Stevie Wonder
- Sunrise, Sunset: Fiddler on the Roof
- My Girl: The Temptations
- The Way You Look Tonight: Frank Sinatra
- I Hope You Dance: LeAnne Womack
- Just The Way You Are: Billy Joel
Do one of these father daughter dance songs speak to you on a personal level? Take some time to listen to the lyrics before you make your final choice! This moment only happens once in a lifetime. So whether you choose a funny song, a sappy song or a tried and true classic father daughter songs for dance, you want it to be special! Find more beautiful ideas of dance songs on www.weddingforward.com for father and daughter.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.